Stupid Michael Moore. Stupid universal health care. Geeze. I watched Sicko last night - although a little over the top at times (taking 9/11 rescue workers to Guantanamo Bay for treatment), the film made a bunch of really good points that I already know - points I know well because I feel like I'm drowning in them sometimes.
We spend so much time thinking about old medical debt, new (and necessary) medical debt, potential Peace Corps medical packet costs, and MM just reaffirmed everything I normally feel - let's move to Europe. now.
Seriously - how can we get good jobs in the Motherland and move there? B & I throw this around a lot - move to Deutschland or Scandinavia or somewhere equally glorious and birth some babies there so they're dual citizens and aren't screwed like we are lots of the time. A full year of maternity leave - I'll take that. Paternity leave - even better. Free university ed - count me in. Crusty Deutsche Brot und Breze - drool. I'm really looking into this post-PC.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dude, i know, sicko made me crazy. health care, like the metric system, seems to be beyond the comprehension of the usa. boo.
Post a Comment